Friday, October 07, 2011

I love being back in Richmond

I am enjoying being back in Richmond again. I went to the gym and was amazed to see the market in Gleadell street where the Richmond Recreation Centre is.
I had forgotten about the Saturday street market, and was excited to see the van where they sell delicious fresh fish at an affordable price. After my workout, I went there and was enthusiastically welcomed by Frank and the others there. They wondered where I had been the last few years. They gave me a very generous amount of trevally fillets for my $5 and I happily went home to have one for my breakfast. It was so delicious that I went back to get more. There was a man playing Hotel California on his guitar next to the fish shop and I had tears of joy streaming down my face as I experienced that abundance of affordable delicious fresh natural food, the atmosphere of the place, seeing the familiar faces and hearing the familiar voices of the stallholders. I also got some affordable delicious fresh broccoli and a $1 punnet of juicy delicious ripe strawberries.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home