Saturday, May 07, 2005

Melbourne Dream Team

I was tempted to go to work on Saturday. Yet I realize that I would have only have been working for the money. I really wanted to go to the dream team meeting and meet those people who I enjoy spending time with. I wanted to learn something new. If I had gone to work on Saturday morning, I would have earned some money, yet I would have missed out on something that is important to me.
Years ago, I used to enjoy the work I was doing. I am skillful at repairing and installing electronic equipment. Yet I have now become more interested in being with people. I am now unsatisfied with my career that tends to isolate me from people.
By going to an event such as Dream Team, I become more skilled at being with people. I am also satisfied and more fun to be around.
In the short term, a choice to work on Saturday might seem to be best. Yet I have probably made a choice more in accord with my long term goals by going to the event and having fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home