Friday, September 16, 2011

Sharing our strengths

I was walking along Oxford street back into Sydney and an Aboriginal woman asked me if I had any spare change. I thought for a moment. I was a bit short of money as I had stretched my budget in my attempt to move extremely rapidly into my new career so I said no and began to move on. In fact I was feeling hungry from my attempts to make my food budget last the next three days. I stopped, reconsidered and went back to the woman who was now sitting at a table. I asked her if I could sit down at the table and talk with her. She said yes. I told her that I am facing financial difficulty too. I shared with her about the financial challenges I was facing. She said "If I had a hundred dollars I would give it to you. However I don't have a hundred dollars. If you go to Wayside Chapel on Monday and see Father Long he will be able to help you." On Tuesday after completing all the things I had planned for Monday and for Tuesday morning, I walked from Glebe to the far end of Kings Cross and experienced the Wayside Chapel. They assisted me respectfully, lovingly and with great care. I was asked if there was anything else I needed. A shower? Clean socks? Anything? The only thing was a shower and I much better after it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home